Remote & Whereby Headphone Social Media Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for a social media competition run by Whereby and Remote in April 2021 for a chance to win a pair of Airpod Max headphones.
The Promotion is run by two promoters: Whereby, a Video Communication Services AS (“Whereby”), and Remote Technology, Inc. (“Remote”); an international payroll, benefits, taxes, & compliance solution (collectively, the “Sponsors,” and each individually a “Sponsor”).
This competition is open to legal residents of eligible countries who meet the minimum age and other requirements in their respective jurisdictions (the "Entrant"). Each sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, are ineligible to enter the Promotion or win a prize. People who share the same residence at least three months a year or parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses to the first stated are not eligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
By entering this competition, an Entrant is indicating his/her/their agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
a. For a chance to win Entrants must:
i. Follow at least one social media account for both Whereby AND Remote. You can follow @Wherebymeetings on Instagram OR @Whereby on Twitter, and you can follow @Remote on Instagram OR @Remote on Twitter.
ii. Comment or reply on Whereby’s or Remote’s original competition post with the funniest thing that has happened to you over a video meeting.
b. When met, the above requirements (i.-ii.) constitute one entry (an “Entry”). Entrants are entitled to only one Entry.
c. Entrants can double their chance of winning by tagging a friend in a comment on one of the original Instagram or Twitter posts.
d. Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. All entries must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to enter more than one Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/promotion and/or entering services, will void the Entry and that Entrant may be disqualified.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The competition opens at 1pm UTC on 12 April 2021 and closes at 9:59pm CEST on 3 May 2021.
8. One winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries across Instagram and Twitter. The winners are entitled to one AirPods Max headphone (the “Prize”).
9. No credit card details will be required to claim the Prize.
10. The winner must provide their postal address, this will be used solely for delivery of the prize and will not be stored by either Sponsor. It will be provided to the delivery/postal service used to send the prize only. This Promotion is open to legal residents of eligible countries and the Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
11. The Prize cannot be exchanged for any cash or other alternative and is non transferable.
12. The Sponsors take no responsibility if the Prize is lost or damaged in transit.
13. The winners will be notified within 28 days of the end of the competition by a reply to their entry or a direct message on the platform used to enter. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The Sponsors’ decision with respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her social media handle (Twitter/Instagram) and a screenshot of their Twitter/Instagram profile photo in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current EU data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You (the Entrant) are providing your information to Whereby and Remote and not to any other party. The information provided will be used in conjunction with the following privacy policies found at https://whereby.com/information/tos/privacy-policy/ and https://remote.com/privacy-policy.
17. This competition is governed by Norwegian law.